Are you a conveyancing solicitor or licensed conveyancer with over two years’ experience or a paralegal with extensive conveyancing experience? If so, we may have your next role. We are looking for a talented and hard-working conveyancing solicitor or licensed conveyancer with at least two years post qualification experience to head up our conveyancing team, and we’re also looking for a paralegal with extensive conveyancing experience.
Due to an ever increasing workload we are looking to expand our team, and in addition we have the opportunity of bringing on board a number of large clients to further grow the business. On offer is a competitive salary and total package, the opportunity to head up a department and an immediate start. If you think this could be of interest, submit your CV and we will get in touch as soon as we have reviewed it.
Main purposes of role
Undertake and supervise fee earning work in Residential Conveyancing and supervise/deputise in the Conveyancing department. Ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the strategy identified in the business plan.To administer all aspects of Residential Conveyancing on behalf of clients. Experience of commercial conveyancing/wills and probate is advantageous.
Key tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures.
- Ensure proper control of work in progress, billing and cash collection.
- Attendance at most or all partnership and other office or departmental meetings, leading by example with contributions made at and subsequent to such events.
- Acceptance of need for collective responsibility and confidentiality: partner disagreements should not be disclosed to staff and confidential practice matters must be safeguarded.
- Provide leadership and supervision to all staff that they oversee or supervise, whether on an office or departmental basis. All partners should provide direction and encouragement to staff and should be careful to support the practice line on issues. Cabinet responsibility should apply.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others. Will develop and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in their professional and personal lives.
Additional related tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Drafting letters and legal documents
- Checking title documents to properties
- Liaising directly with other parties with enquiries/relies
- Undertaking searches with Local Authority, Land Registry etc.
- Reporting to clients with relevant information on tier transaction and advising clients where necessary
- Attending upon clients to sign legal documents
- Drawing up completion statements
- Agreeing dates with all parties and exchanging Contracts
- Arranging the transfer of monies on completion
- Submitting stamp duty forms and registering documents at Land Registry
- Complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of solicitors
- Exercising high standards of client care at all times
- Management of own support staff/secretary if applicable
- Participation in marketing activities and active promotion of the firm
- Financial control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures on own matters
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of Firm’s and client’s documentation and information
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to the position as and when required by the Partners of the Firm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Maintain a smart appearance and dress code appropriate for the role
- Responsible for self-development and comply with relevant training requirements by the Law Society and in-house training when required.
Knowledge and experience
2 years’ experience of conveyancing preferable, in particular Sale and Purchase
- Qualified Solicitor OR licensed conveyancer
- Completed LPC or CILEX
- Completed a degree or equivalent qualification
Part time applicants will also be considered
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To apply please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com