Grant of Probate
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Please note that there will be two elements to the prices as set out below:
- Fees charged by TFG; and
- Fees payable to third parties.
Please ensure that you consider both parts to our price information.
Fees Charged By TFG
*basis of charging = fixed fee
This quote is based on the following:
- There is a valid will
- The executors provide us with all relevant information required to complete and submit the application
Fees Payable To Third Parties (“Disbursements”)
|Post in a Local Newspaper (required only when trying to trace a beneficiary)||£250||£0.00||£250|
ESTIMATED TOTAL FEES £951
Work Included And Key Stages
The precise work and stages involved can vary according to the circumstances. However, we have set out the key stages involved in a typical probate application matter:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice.
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries.
- Identify the type of probate application required.
- Preparation of HMRC Form IHT 205 (return of Estate Information Form)
- The application for Grant of Probate is prepared and then sworn by the executor and submitted to the appropriate Probate Registry together with the Will, if there is one.
Once the Grant is received, it is provided to the client who will then collect, administer and distribute the estate.
Our service will not include any of the following:
- Collecting or distributing the assets.
- Preparing Estate Accounts.
- Any contested probate matters or advice on the same.
- Advice on tax or other accounting matters.
- Advice on assets held outside of the UK.
Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate
Approximate/ Average Timescales
On average, it would take approximately 1-2 months to be ready to apply for the grant.
Typically, obtaining for a grant of probate once the actual application has been submitted takes 4-8 weeks.
Factors That Could Increase Costs
In some circumstances we may increase our fees to account for additional time, work or skill required to meet your instructions. Examples include:
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required.
- If you would like to instruct us to deal the estate administration.
Qualifications And Experience Of Our Team
Probate matters are dealt with by Philip Shepherd
Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Suzanne Todd
A copy of the information above can be downloaded here.
Our Probate Law Specialists
Let’s Work Together
73 Adelaide Terrace
Phone : 0191 272 3713
16 Regent Terrace
Phone : 0191 490 0108